Aspen respects the privacy of its clients, donors, volunteers and employees. As a not-for-profit organization, we rely on the generosity and support of our many supporters and hold great value in the trust that is placed with us by the sharing of personal information. We would like to clarify why we may ask for certain personal information such as name, address, phone number, email, etc.
If you are a client with Aspen we collect personal information from you in order to:
• Process your application to be in a program
• Maintain an ongoing relationship
• Communicate with you about information that will be useful in your situation
If you are a donor to Aspen we collect personal information from you in order to:
• Process your donation and tax receipt
• Recognize your contribution to Aspen
• Communicate with you about ongoing fund-raising initiatives
If you attend an event or other program put on by Aspen we collect personal information from you in order to:
• Process your purchase of the applicable tickets
• Communicate with you to provide confirmation of your purchase
• Communicate with you concerning other event opportunities
If you are a volunteer with Aspen we collect personal information from you in order to:
• Process your volunteer application
• Maintain an ongoing relationship
• Distribute our volunteer newsletter
• Communicate with you about Aspen volunteer opportunities
If you are an employee of Aspen we collect personal information from you in order to:
• Manage payroll and benefits programs
• Make employment decisions with regard to assignments, compensation and training
• Evaluate job performance
• Meet legal, security or regulatory requirements.
The information you provide to us is for the exclusive use of Aspen and will not be sold, lent or bartered to anyone without your prior consent. We may contact you as a supporter of Aspen to offer you opportunities to attend special events, to contribute time, talent or funds for Aspen initiatives, or send you information on positive outcomes that we feel may be of interest to you.
You will always have the option of not providing certain personal information and/or not to receive communication from us.
Aspen Family and Community Network Society
Suite 200, 2609 15 Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 8Y4
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
I. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
VI. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.